Monday 6 December 2010

Fabulous and unique Indian jewellery

Drew Barrymore wearing Amrapali 

I love Indian Jewellery, I always have, I am almost obsessed by it.  I have always had a thing for bracelets and earrings, I wear them daily, I "jangle,"my husband likes it as he can hear me coming....
I particularly like the Indian style, as I think it looks better when you layer it up.


Julia Roberts for Elle, wearing Gold gemstone
 Indian bangles from Beladora.com

I adore the Gold bangles on the Beladora website, the ones that were worn by Julia Roberts on the cover of Elle magazine. 
Although, personally I tend to wear a lot more silver, so I have been looking around ever since for something to suffice the craving.

Visit the Web site to see some of the collections


I have found this wonderful jewellery, there is a counter in Selfridges and a shop in Knightsbridge, they have the most amazing pieces, most of them unique.  It is nice know that you will not be paying a lot of money, only to find yourself wearing the same as everyone else.  The collection features gold and silver, with precious stones and uncut diamonds, so the prices can vary quite considerably.  I had to hold onto the counter to steady myself, after asking the price of a bracelet made with uncut diamonds, although it was beautiful...

I love Dragons, so this was my first choice

I did buy a bracelet, but it kept falling off.  I know, I am not the most gentle of people, anything delicate is best given to somebody else.. but this was ridiculous, it fell off on the counter and I had just walked away, it then fell off three or four times, whilst I was having lunch.
So I went back and they exchanged it for a different style of bracelet, one that would not fall off.

This is the one I exchanged it for..I actually prefer it

This time I went with a bangle, the bangles also come in different sizes, I have tiny wrists, yet I  found it difficult to get many of them over my hands... and no, I do not have man hands..

Three looked much better than two... so....

Personally the half open bangle style suited me best, although the pearl one above, is a perfect fit.... 
Luckily for me xx 

13 comments:

  1. Hello there, love the bangles! Thanks so much for your lovely comments at mine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. am a great lover of bangles and beads and all things Indian too and am wearing an armful right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Indian jewellery too, that pearl one is beautiful.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of all the jewelry that women wear, I think bangles are by far the sexiest. Those dragons look very nordic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially when they are bargains!! I wish I had bigger wrists but every thing falls off
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there-yours are just lovely and layered up is such an elegant look too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS!!!!!! I'm a convert to armfuls of bangles since I read that blog post that Dash made about Renee Perle. I am now never seen without a forearm full of silver and a BIG silver ring on my thumb!

    (((hug)))

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah ha, I found you.... Gorgeous jewellery,I love unique pieces. Next time you are up in London go to the market in Islington (think they are open Wednesday and Saturday), you will find some gorgeous pieces there at great prices. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Indian Jewellery, I always have, I am almost obsessed by it. I just wanted to take a minute to tell you that you have a great site! Keep up the good work.

    Indian jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breathtaking, Gorgeous Indian jewellery collections. I like all the styles, specially AMRAPALI JEWELS



    indian wedding bridal dresses

    ReplyDelete
  11. its really awsum bt please kindly put the rates of these accesories

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful, This is an awesome blog.Continue to keep up the very good operate. NFL 2012 NFL 2012

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw Thanks for posting this informative article. .This is a nice blog. Good clean UI and nice informative blog. … Thank you it is good to read this post.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I would love to hear what you have to say